Wednesday, November 25, 2009

No snow, but a snowman


Sitting atop a tree at the museum

Alas, we have no snow yet here in eastern Ohio. Not any that I have seen, anyway. Maybe this week-end I'll see a few flakes. Not that I am courting snow. Oh, no. I don't want to start the shovelling, yet. Not me.

It is this time of the morning that I am most relaxed. The dogs were all taken outside about an hour ago. They have eaten and are all sleeping peacefully. The cats have been fed and have retreated to their respective corners. The coffee is made and I am reading e-mails and blogs. I don't have to go to work. I have until ten or so before I need to really do anything.

My daughter starts a new job. It isn't really her first. She had a quick stint as a telemarketer when she was 15. Say what you will about the pain of enduring that ordeal, but she learned a lot at that job. She knows more about credit cards than I do. Well, almost. Anyway, she has been picked to work at a very popular nation-wide (perhaps world-wide) toy store. You know the one I am speaking of.

My greatest concern about this is the distance she needs to travel to get to work. I'll just have to grit my teeth and bear it. She needs a job. And, even if it is only seasonal, she needs the experience of having a job to get another one. Well, she is excited to say the least.

This will put a damper on the help with taking the dogs out, but I will manage.

My plate will be full over the next few days, so I want to wish you and yours a happy, healthy and fun-filled Thanksgiving. Some of you are sick and out right now, and I hope that you are soon out of the hospital and home in time for the Christmas and New Year.

May each and every one of you have laughter this week-end (in abundance), food (in moderation) and peace (in your hearts).

1 comment:

Tabor said...

May your Thanksgiving be less work and more thankfulness.