
From the museum
Well, we are at the end of November. Weather-wise we were quite spoiled. That sentence almost sounds like the beginning of a tongue-twister. I think the cold weather is coming.
I found out that the debit to my checking account was legitimate and was mine. My daughter had purchased a gift at a kiosk in the middle of our mall. Strange that it would show up on my online banking with the description of a mall in Moline IL. Kind of threw me off and since I didn't recall buying it, I was a bit alarmed. I found the receipt and all is well. Whew.
My Thanksgiving was busy and happy. Lots of people to see, lots of hugs and too much food. I was not caught with the "I am so tired" after effect of the day and was able to help clean up and play games with the younger set. On Friday I fixed my feast for my crew. Nothing huge, but quite adequate. My nephew fixed my back door latch. The dogs' leash had caught it one day and with that boxer on the other end, I can't tell you the amount of force that snapped that latch and broke it. He is one strong canine.
Even I am up and about too early for the dogs. They looked at me with one eye opened and promptly went back to sleep. I got up an hour ago. I will be leashing them all and taking them out (one at a time). If I take them out together they distract each other and do not do their business. Except for Sable. I can take her out with or without any of them. The boxer goes last because I have to walk him. And walk him. And walk him. If he is really hungry, he goes quickly and pulls me back to the house.
Just thinking about this make my chest tighten up.
I think I'll go walk the dog and get some cold, brisk air on my face.
Ciao.
My Thanksgiving was busy and happy. Lots of people to see, lots of hugs and too much food. I was not caught with the "I am so tired" after effect of the day and was able to help clean up and play games with the younger set. On Friday I fixed my feast for my crew. Nothing huge, but quite adequate. My nephew fixed my back door latch. The dogs' leash had caught it one day and with that boxer on the other end, I can't tell you the amount of force that snapped that latch and broke it. He is one strong canine.
Even I am up and about too early for the dogs. They looked at me with one eye opened and promptly went back to sleep. I got up an hour ago. I will be leashing them all and taking them out (one at a time). If I take them out together they distract each other and do not do their business. Except for Sable. I can take her out with or without any of them. The boxer goes last because I have to walk him. And walk him. And walk him. If he is really hungry, he goes quickly and pulls me back to the house.
I have to tell you I have been really spoiled with the mild November temperatures. I will need to really bundle up in December when I walk him. I still don't have a coat for the big fella. He is short haired and he gets cold.
This week is a wash. I work full time and every day this week. I have an event scheduled every evening this week except for Wednesday. I am going to try to fix a big home-cooked meal that night because I know we will be eating out every other night. My daughter only works this morning and all day Friday so she can take care of the dogs in the evenings. I might blow tonight's event off and do some much-needed shopping before a get together on Saturday.
Just thinking about this make my chest tighten up.
I think I'll go walk the dog and get some cold, brisk air on my face.
Ciao.
2 comments:
It makes my chest tighten up just reading about it. I grit my teeth around Halloween and don't relax until after Valentines Day.
Don't feel bad about blowing anything off. It is all about what makes you happy and healthy.
Post a Comment