Friday, November 27, 2009

Shopping


Another ornament from the tree display

Black Friday. There are reasons I don't go out shopping on Black Friday. First and foremost I despise shopping. Most of the time. The reasons are:

Limited money (some years I have more than others, but certainly not THIS year)

Tired feet, aching back

The smells of perfumes and sprays give me a headache

The noise of stores and shoppers gives me a headache

The lights give me a headache

I am very picky and can rarely find anything I want

I hate stores that block merchandise with boxes of stock to be put on the shelves or those little cardboard setups - I've been known to knock over these displays to get to the item on the shelf

On a similar note I hate stores with tiny little walk-ways between clothes racks and my purse drags half the clothes along with me, thus pulling me down slower and slower until I have to come to a complete stop and rip my purse from the clinging sleeves

I get bored easily and hate to search for anything

I hate it when I can't find what I am looking for

I hate it when shoppers do not put the merchandise back on the same rack so that the size or color I want is over in the pajamas or bras where it has no business being

I hate it how they have ten of every item in every size but MINE!

I hate "bargains" and just want to pay the price on the tag (I hate hassles)

I don't like crowds (who does?)

I don't like rude people (and there are plenty out there in shopping land)

I hate how shopping turns me into one of these rude people

I hate it how the clerk who I ask for assistance never knows the answer(s) to my question(s)

I hate it when a sales person tries to sell me something else other than what I want

I hate it when I can't find a sales person when I need one

I REALLY, REALLY hate it when a bunch of them are milling around just talking when there are customers who obviously need help

I hate it when a sales person bugs me when I don't need one

I hate it when a check out person does not speak to me or acts annoyed that I am shopping and taking up their time

I can never find the right credit card or the change in the bottom of my purse

I never check the sales ads until after I bought the item and return home, then I am ticked off because I probably paid too much for the thing

I usually pick the one item that never has a price tag and they have to call someone or go search for a similar item

I always pick the wrong check-out line (ALWAYS!)

I hate it when the grocery store is out of the brand of food that I want

I hate it when a grocery store advertises an item on sale and when I get there the space for that item is completely empty - or they place the item on an end cap instead of it's usual place where I am certain to miss it

I have to unload all the crap when I get home, it can be as exhausting as shopping all over again!

Notice that I did not put parking in the list. I really don't mind walking to and from my car. It is refreshing if it is cool outside because I get really hot in stores. I DO despise those idiotic people who park in the handicap spaces and are NOT handicapped. I know the handicap is not always apparent, but there are the few that do abuse this parking space and I always wish that they have to work 30 days with handicapped people to see how hard it really is to get around.

I also realize that I make a great candidate for on-line shopping. On Wednesday while looking at my checking account balance on line, I noticed a purchase in a mall in Illinois. Since I had not been to that mall that day (let alone the state of Illinois), I was a bit concerned. I called my bank and they said they would put a "pending" notice on the debit, but I am still a bit concerned. Needless to say, I am going to be checking it again and often. It was less than $15 (thank goodness) but what if it had been $150 or more? I am not looking forward to any hassles that are created with this error.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

Ouch. Sounds like the holidays are getting to you already!

Cheyenne said...

Definitely keep an eye on your account. They start out small just to see if you pay attention to your statements, then they try again weeks later and if nothing gets done they go in for the kill with a very large amount.
I'm not exactly big on shopping either at this time of the year. I do a lot of online shopping and that is just as much fun as being in the store. Especially when I get something in my head that I want and then the hunt begins.