Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Success!



I circled my head in red. We had 125 show up for our first annual reunion. Not all are pictured because some just would not co-operate. The day started out pouring down the rain in torrents. It ended up humid and muggy and hot!

We ran behind in time. We skipped the adult games altogether. Folks were more interested in the auction and the 50/50 drawing.

I discovered that I was pretty good at auctioning items. I have a big mouth and can be very friendly after working the crowd for a couple of hours. We did a silent auction, but the few last items I actually auctioned off. Much more money can be made this way because I can really milk it.

On a more serious note, I had a very disturbing close call at jury duty today.

The case was dismissed. The defendant chose to take 40 years in prison w/out parole. The stories listed here do not tell of his dastardly deeds, but as the judge was telling us the story he almost began to cry. The girls were 7 and 8 years of age. They were sisters and they were raped. He didn't go into detail. He said to just be thankful that we didn't have to sit through this trial and I am. So very, very thankful.

AMBER-alert-issued-for-2-girls

t-5771.html

40098

16615124/detail.html

16614961/detail.html


3 comments:

Tabor said...

I also am so glad that you did not have to perform your role as a good citizen. I downloaded the photo to see if I can get a close-up...;-0

Tabor said...

Of course THAT didn't do any good as yours was the only one pixelated! I remember your face from some other posts...

themom said...

Nice group pic there. So glad you didn't have to sit through a trial like that. I would probably discover my deep seeded anger issues, if I had to endure a trial like that.