I am a member of Neflix. One of the features of this service is that they recommend movies for you based on the movies you have watched and rated. You go through the list periodically at your leisure and rate the movies from the following five choices: "Loved it, Liked it a lot, Liked it, Didn't like it, to Hated it". Then, they give you a list of movies they think you will like.
One that was recommended for me was: Whose Life Is It Anyway? with Richard Dreyfuss. It had me in tears in certain parts of the movie. I read up on it and it was said that Mr. Dreyfuss did not remember any part of making the movie because of his drug addiction. Nothing? A big plus was Christine Lahti. She is one of my favorite actresses.
The movie is about an artist who became a quadriplegic from a vehicle accident and faced with a life of nothing he wants to be released from the hospital to die.
The movie is about an artist who became a quadriplegic from a vehicle accident and faced with a life of nothing he wants to be released from the hospital to die.
I also borrowed the book Q & A from the library. This is the book that Slumdog Millionaire is based on. Between the movie and the book I am running pups out into the wet grass to do their business. It was a long hot afternoon at work sitting in a wiring closet on the 3rd floor of a school with the air conditioner broke. Sweat rolling down my face and neck. I was miserable.
I came home to air conditioning and sat in front of a fan until my brain cooled down enough to be able to comprehend my reading or the movie. It was close to turning into mush in that sweltering closet. I'm talking so sticky that my finger could not move the cursor with the touch pad. I was like "Are you kidding me?"
Needless to say I did only the bare minimum that needed to be done to get this school up and working again. The tech person had many more questions and I could have shown him another 5 neat tricks to help him troubleshoot his network, but I wanted out of there as soon as I could get away. I hate working like that. Especially when I am not used to it.
Needless to say I did only the bare minimum that needed to be done to get this school up and working again. The tech person had many more questions and I could have shown him another 5 neat tricks to help him troubleshoot his network, but I wanted out of there as soon as I could get away. I hate working like that. Especially when I am not used to it.
At my doctor appointment's this morning the doctor told the nurse to add another test to the blood work that was taken this morning. The test? To see if I was menopausal. Yeah. It was a great day!
2 comments:
Sorry about your August work situation. I cannot imagine that they expect you to work under such conditions. Aren't their union rules or OSHA rules or something? A menopause...nice roller coaster ride that!
I told the tech "Enough. I can't work in this heat any longer." We went to his air-conditioned office and I showed him what I could. Then I left, cranked up the air in my car and went home.
He is young, wore a muscle t-shirt and shorts and looks decent with a buzz haircut. He can get away with that kind of dress in the summer, I can't. And, NOBODY wants to see me with a buzz haircut. NOBODY!
Post a Comment