Friday, August 21, 2009

Lame

Has it really been since Monday that I posted? I have no idea what I have been doing, I have not been all that busy. (Not in the evenings, anyway). The migraine monkey started yesterday afternoon. Well, I didn't realize it was that until I woke up and the headache was STILL there. With the storms coming through, I thought maybe it was just a sinus headache. It kept waking me up through the night with it's sharp pain inside the eyeballs. I chose to ignore it. I should have known. The headache was not responding to OTC medicine.

This morning I thought I was going to be sick. I stumbled around getting the pups outside, feeding the cats. Coffee was the last thought on my list. That is another sign. Not wanting coffee first thing in the morning. I grabbed an Imitrex and quickly swallowed it. I tried to drink a dose of alka-seltzer. I lay back down making the room as dark as possible. It was 5:30 so that wasn't too difficult. The pups settled down beside me and we drifted off for an hour.

I woke up and realized I was not going to make it into work today. I felt like a limp washrag. I am just now able to get some coffee in me. I know that I need to eat something, but it has to be toast. I cannot stomach anything else. I am trying to cut way back on bread, but that is what I crave. It is my comfort food. Growing up it is what I had for breakfast every morning. Hot buttered toast dipped in coffee. I think my Dad gave me coffee with cream and sugar when I was nine or so. I didn't drink it - maybe just that once. I did dip toast in it, though. For years.

I have a busy week-end so I figure I will stay home the remainder of the day and just rest. Rest. Rest. Mmmm. Sounds good.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

So sorry that you are having such a sh***y day. I hope by the time you read this post you will be much better. Eat all the bread you want if it helps your stomach when you have a migraine. Then you can hold off and be a good girl at other times.

themom said...

I have so many friends who have been getting sick - flu like symptoms...and it has been taking a few days to run the course. Speedy recovery wishes headed your way.