Saturday, August 09, 2008

Penguin rally

It appeared as if they were all gathered together and listening to a speaker. We were at the Pittsburgh zoo all day today. Whew. I am whipped. Yesterday we shopped til we dropped. Just about. School clothes. No sales tax in Pennsylvania (on clothes).

Lucky brand Sundowns broke the bank. Ouch. I am still rubbing my sore wallet.

I got turned around a couple of times in Pittsburgh. There was construction. The AAA Triptik had to go out the window when the bridge they suggested was closed. Couldn't they have at least checked here before they filled it in? From then on it was vague memory and my wits.

My wits were out because of the wee bit of sleep I got the night before. In the motel room, I had an air conditioner unit that was on the fritz. My daughter was sawing logs, so I didn't really want to call anyone to come and fix it. I listened to it pop and snap a few times, click, click. Stop and start and then I just finally put it out of it's misery (and mine). The room got warm, but not too bad. At least I fell asleep after that.

We watched some of the Olympic Parade of Nations. And, what a city to be in when the Steelers beat the Eagles.

No comments: