
Here is a photo of my basement shortly after I bought my house. We held the kids birthday parties down there because they were born in the cooler months. The outdoors was still too chilly to celebrate there. My daughter turned 17 earlier this month. It broke my heart that I could not be with her.
If somebody enters your home and assaults your child you have every right to defend them and knock the crap out of the criminal. You would call the police and have their carcass hauled away. But, when somebody (or a group of people) attack your child emotionally causing and intending to inflict pain, there isn't a heck of a lot you can do. Comfort, console.
We are talking 16 and 17 year olds. It isn't like I can call up Johnnie's Mom and whine "Johnnie hurt my daughter's feelings. She is crying inconsolably and no matter what I say she is hurt and she is asking me 'why me?' " Truthfully, I'd like to go and kick Johnnie and his friends' arses from here to Alaska. But there is this law protecting minors. I always told my daughter, you handle the 18 and unders and let me handle the ones over 18.
Some girl started a rumor about her and my daughter's boyfriend. My daughter was devastated. She got 3 of my daughter's so-called "friends" to back up her story. The boyfriend denied it, but it was a wild couple of nights. She tried very hard to get to the bottom of the matter, and we think we have. The nastiness of it all. I told her what I would do. I would have told them all to go to he!! and be done with the lot of them. But, she is not me. Thank goodness.
2 comments:
NICE Blog :)
Growing up is so painful. Just assure your daughter that it does get better when she gets older. All those gossips are out of your life and cleaning up the messes they have made of theirs.
Post a Comment