Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Not here.

This is where we "won't" be staying when we go to WV.

We have reservations at the Days Inn near the towns we want to visit. We will have a nice restaurant, lounge, coffee in the rooms, pool, sauna - the works. I'm not sure what the one shown above has. Probably the 2 C's (a cot and a crapper). This is a line from one of my favorite movies. 8 Heads in a Duffel Bag. For some weird reason, I get a kick out of this movie. This one and Galaxy Quest. For zany humor.

I was awoken this morning to the beeping of our carbon monoxide detector. My daughter said it read 208, then 209 then back to zero and it finally quit beeping on it's own. I wasn't sure what to do. It isn't like a smoke or fire alarm. My window was open, there were fans blowing. Nobody had turned the furnace on or anything with a flame.

I was going to forget it but when I went to the basement to get my shower, I noticed that the cats and kittens had knocked the front plate to the hot water heater off and I guessed that they put the pilot light out. (I didn't look). I turned the knob off and heard a click or a popping sound. Scared me. I called my furnace company (they were scheduled to come Tuesday to check the furnace anyway). I took the day off and bumped my appointment up to today and waited for them.

I was nervous so I cleaned and baked. (I really wish I got nervous more often!) Anyway, the guy came at 3:00. Sheesh! He checked everything. Told me that the noise I heard when I turned the pilot light knob off, was the pilot light going out. That the cats had not put the pilot light out. Furnace is okay, hot water heater is okay, but he said my carbon monoxide detector may need replaced. He said sometimes they get old and start giving mis-readings. He said if it does it again, I may want to replace it.He brought his carbon monoxide tester in (to the tune of $35) and found nothing. All clean air. Whew!

I must not strangle the kittens, I must not strangle the kittens. My poor dog has a severe rash on her underbelly and inside of her thighs. I will call the vet tomorrow to schedule an allergy shot for her before I head out of town this week-end. I am nervous about the procedure my nephew is having. I've read up on his team of doctors and the hospital and the procedure. I was not involved much when he had his open heart surgery when he was two.

Oh, as for the baking? I made apple crisp and banana nut bread today. Both turned out very well. For some reason I just seem to turn catatonic on Saturdays and Sundays anymore. But give me a day off from work when I am not sick and that's when things happen.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE YOU... "My World and Welcome To It" IS VERY PERSONAL.
ABRAƇOS VAGNER
BRASIL

Leova said...

great photoblog! thank you for visiting mine :-)

Shephard said...

I think we need some photographic proof that you actually have kittens. (wink)
~S