
Flower display at the festival
I knew I was going to get yelled at. I was told "Hey! No picture taking!" Oops. I managed one decent photo. I looked for the 'no pictures' sign and didn't see any. I slipped the camera slyly out of my tote and just when I was ready to snap it, the lady in front of me, who had been bending over, stood up. Darn it! With Canon's notorious pause between picture taking, the booth owner had time to spot my shiny black contraption. I just managed to squeeze another quickie when he saw me and barked at me. I said "Oops, sorry." And went on my way.
I made it to the Fall festival for their last day. It was so blessed hot. Very few folks were purchasing anything more than water and lemonade. Two hours and we were spent. I was very dizzy and nauseous. I was more than ready to retreat to the air conditioned car. I didn't get many photos of the campers decorated for Halloween either. Nor did I get any of the beautiful cars that covered the hillside in colorful, antique glory.
It was just too hot. And, now I am going to head to my favorite silk flower store and purchase just those colors and just that basket and make my own forbidden purple passions. Or, maybe not. I'm kind of just happy to look at it. I think it is beautiful. It does not match a thing in my house.
4 comments:
I always assume photos aren't allowed, and sneak my photos as best I can. :) It's a real art, waiting for officious looking people to be distracted long enough.
~S
Were the flowers Amish? Is that why you weren't allowed to photograph them? Never heard of that.
Shephard - My one sister did try to distract the guy. He was pretty gruff looking. I am guessing he was only protecting his wife's hard work. Good boy!
Cheyenne - LOL! Amish flowers and I stole their soul!
Post a Comment