Wednesday, March 15, 2006

More of Brandy



I'm not sure if my brother named the pup Brandi or Brandy. I think Brandy. When they got her she was four ounces. She has grown quite a bit. She had no fear. She bounded everywhere without worry about anybody stepping on her. She was full of energy. In the time I was there she took two naps and was on her third when I left. When she was awake she was full throttle. Wide open. No holding back.

I went to Pat Cataan's after work to re-stock my flower craft supply. I got shocked while I was in there and immediately I went into piss-mood. I hate getting shocked. It has been such a mild winter I have not been in the habit of spraying Static Guard on myself every day. It doesn't help a lot anyway. Here I was in one of my favorite places and I was tensed up like a coiled spring ready to explode. But I got some pretty flowers to make centerpieces with. I make them and just give them away. I am not a salesperson. Far from it.

This time I picked up baby boy crafts to add to the arrangements. I'll take pictures and maybe post one or two if they look decent enough to. I am very much an amateur. I used to draw and paint. Everybody asks me "Why don't you paint anymore?" I don't know. I just don't feel it. One day I'll set myself up a small studio and maybe the urge will return.

Well, I get home. Just walked in the door and I get a phone call from my brother. Somehow he deleted Windows. He had a boot disk but he didn't have the program CD. A friend of a friend had built the computer for them about seven or eight years ago. Windows 98. I walked him through a couple of little tricks, but the program is gone. He is in touch with the friend of the friend to get him the 98 CD. I told him if he didn't get one, I have one.

How did he delete Windows? He didn't much want to talk about it. We have all done something that really hosed our computers. Or, most of us have. I know I have done my share. Funny thing is, it may do more good than anything. Wiping the hard drive and starting over is very cleansing for a computer. Gets all the bugs out, so to speak. It will probably run better than ever.

I have been after them to purchase another computer so that I can set them up a router on their Roadrunner and more than one person in the household can use the Internet or MS-Word. My brother had just made me a CD of the Family Tree too. Whew! Hopefully that will all be in tact. Time will tell. If they did backups, I would opt for the low level format of the hard drive. After seven years or so, I would imagine they don't have all of the program disks in one place handy to re-install. Maybe.


3 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Brandy was only 4 ounces? My gosh how does something that small move? I can't even imagine what a 4oz puppy looks like.

Tabor said...

I remember my trip to the meeting in Vegas and everytime one of us touched a door handle to go in to listen to one of the sessions that person got a shock. A big shock. It got to be a game...the two-step pause to see if you could get someone else to open the door first!

Peruby said...

Cheyenne - I really didn't think about that fact. It does seem unreal. I may have to ask my brother about that. I went online to see some registered chihuahua's and they said they don't send them out until they are 2 pounds. But I did find a picture of one being weighed on scales and it was a mere 5.5 ounces. (If I am seeing correctly).

Tabor - I constantly am getting shocked. Supermarkets especially. Door handles. Someone said I need to wear more lotion. I swear it changes my mood when it happens.