Thursday, March 23, 2006

My big baby - Casper.



My daughter named him. He was our first pet after our bird. I am not entirely sure why she named him Casper. It wasn't close to Halloween, but it could be that he reminded her of the holiday. He is all black. He found us. We would put him back out at night and he always came back. After about a week, he brought the black and white cat, Jasper. I figured they were litter mates (brothers). After taking them to the vet's office we found out that Casper had already been neutered and Jasper had not. Maybe they weren't from the same litter. Either way, they are similar to the cats I grew up with. Black and white short hair.

I am hoping to get some serious R and R this week-end. My stress level has been off the charts for the past week. My plate has been very, very full. I mentioned the baby shower and training in Columbus, but there was more. I won't go into detail, but I am really looking forward to doing nothing this week-end.

I will plan my daughter's birthday that is coming up fast. She will be 15. She said she doesn't want a party. Last year we had Brad Pitt on her cake. Well, a picture of him. He won't be gracing any food this year. Not sure who she is smitten with these days. She and her beau have passed the 10 month marker. Not as much drama as we used to have. Thank goodness.

The newest feline addition (Moose) has been coming upstairs. She is still very nervous around me. I am the one who has to grab her and push her into the pet carrier. Just one more time, dear little Moose. Just to get your stitches out. Before the spaying she was getting very loving and close to us. I notice that she seems to be sore going up and down the steps. I will take a look at her stomach if I can catch her. Just to make sure. She is cleaning herself up very nicely. I guess I can't call her Scruffy any more. See, I told you I was used to short hair cats. Sleek and smooth.

I am backed up on movies. My nephew has brought me about fifteen to watch. I doubt that I will. Most are ones I never heard of (Silver Hawk, In Good Company, Kingdom of Heaven) or don't care to see. (Saw). Two I do want to see. Coach Carter and Wedding Crashers. And of course there are the ones at the video store waiting to be rented. I looked today. Nothing caught my eye. The way I feel right now, I probably won't make it through many of them without falling asleep.

Migraines ran rampant this past week, but the medicine kept them in check. If not, I probably would have spent hours in bed sick as a dog. Any little change in my schedule will flip me out. Especially when my sleep cycle is thrown out of whack. And, it was. I think I put in nine hours last night. That is extremely rare for me.It's off to another early night for me again. Z-Z-Z-Z.

2 comments:

Miki said...

Take the time and see Wedding Crashers, it was funny and predictable, but we did have a few laughs and good hearty ones at that. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and for your thoughts, I appreciate them very lmuch!

Cheyenne said...

That is one beautiful cat. One of our stray kittens looks like that. In the sun its coat just glistens.