Saturday, March 04, 2006

Just a blip



I'm just another blip on the radar tonight. Short and sweet.

I started my spring cleaning early this year. I have Walk the Line and it needs to be returned by tomorrow evening, and I really want to see it.

Our new kitty likes to play. She is getting a bit braver and comes upstairs and into the living room. I have seen her and Sable (the dog) timidly sniff each other. She still jumps at loud noises and quick movements. It is taking some time.

She cost me $95 at the vet's office on Thursday. Shots, blood work. Leukemia test, and heartworm test. In two weeks another $20 for distemper follow-up. I may as well get her fixed when I take her back in two weeks. I don't want her rolling around on the basement floor (ahhh! That's an Elton John song!) squalling and in heat. Even though she won't get pregnant here, female cats in heat are NOT a pretty sight. Or sound for that matter.

Well, my blip lasted longer than anticipated. Off your radar screen, now.

6 comments:

Tabor said...

Kitty looks like she is taking after your side...a techi!

Peruby said...

Hah! I was hoping nobody would see how nerdy I am, having my cat play with a telephone cord. I have no idea where the little pink ribbon came from, I found it on the floor. It was too tiny by itself to dangle in front of those dangerous claws, so I grabbed the first thing handy. Sigh. A phone cord.

Shephard said...

Adorable kitty. Name?
~S

Peruby said...

The kitty's name is Moose. My daughter named her. Sigh.

Leesa said...

She's adorable!!

Peruby said...

Leesa - thanks. She is my first long-hair cat.