Sunday, March 12, 2006

Yawn, more of same.



Another photo of that spectacular sunset I saw at my brother's house yesterday. There are plenty more pictures of that blood-red sunset and that cute little chihuahua puppy on my Photos page (link can be found on the right sidebar).

It was a quiet rather blah day in the Peruby household. I was able to gather three big trash bags of garbage from the spare bedroom (yay!) and one itty bitty grocery bag of jeans for the Goodwill. Daughter is growing, but has slowed down somewhat. My bird (Peru) can look out the window again. She is better than the dog for announcing visitors. My bird can see the back driveway from her perch and she gives her loud tweet, tweet, tweet over and over again when somebody arrives.

Have you ever had a certain food that you associate with growing up? Mine is a certain type of pizza that we cannot get in my neck of the woods. So, when the family got together yesterday we had to go and get this pizza that we grew up on. We all ordered extra to take back home with us. And, today we are all so sick of it we never want to see it again! Of course it didn't taste the same. Because we ordered such a large amount, I think they rushed it and they burnt it.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

That is too bad that your memory of a childhood food didn't live up to expectations when you had the real thing. Sometimes going back doesn't always work. I am so happy that your family get-together went well. I remember you had some trepidations.

Peruby said...

Tabor - it was a bit awkward at times. And one member didn't make it. Next family event is Sunday.