
I can't begin to think of how long this would take to make. It is called a "diaper cake". I count at least twelve rolled baby diapers in the front. The bottom is all baby diapers. The second and third layers are receiving blankets or burping cloths. There were two of these at the baby shower. They were huge! Like a wedding cake huge. My sister and her daughter said they didn't take that long to make. Okay.
I just spent two days in Columbus at a training session. I left my house at 5:00 a.m. yesterday morning and returned home about an hour ago. I don't think I have slept more than four hours in the past two nights, so I am really brain dead.
After about two hours on the road I was trying to call my daughter to make sure she was ready for school. The home phone kept ringing busy and she didn't answer her cell phone. I kept trying. Finally I reached her on the cell phone. She said that the upstairs phone said one extension was in use. She had been alone since 5:00 a.m. and it was almost seven. It was the downstairs phone. That was strange. She hung the receiver up, I told her to have a nice day and we hung up.
At some point and time during the training I began thinking about the scary movie where the baby sitter is alone in the house and the phone calls were coming from inside the house. Okay, remember - not much sleep. My imagination began to run wild. What if there had been somebody in the basement downstairs? I didn't even think about my dog. There is no way a stranger (or somebody we knew) could be in the basement without our dog telling on them. I wasn't thinking straight. I was on pins and needles until I was able to escape from my training and call her cell phone at 4:45. She was fine. Big breath.
I just spent two days in Columbus at a training session. I left my house at 5:00 a.m. yesterday morning and returned home about an hour ago. I don't think I have slept more than four hours in the past two nights, so I am really brain dead.
After about two hours on the road I was trying to call my daughter to make sure she was ready for school. The home phone kept ringing busy and she didn't answer her cell phone. I kept trying. Finally I reached her on the cell phone. She said that the upstairs phone said one extension was in use. She had been alone since 5:00 a.m. and it was almost seven. It was the downstairs phone. That was strange. She hung the receiver up, I told her to have a nice day and we hung up.
At some point and time during the training I began thinking about the scary movie where the baby sitter is alone in the house and the phone calls were coming from inside the house. Okay, remember - not much sleep. My imagination began to run wild. What if there had been somebody in the basement downstairs? I didn't even think about my dog. There is no way a stranger (or somebody we knew) could be in the basement without our dog telling on them. I wasn't thinking straight. I was on pins and needles until I was able to escape from my training and call her cell phone at 4:45. She was fine. Big breath.
Anyway the training was about 40 people. There were three females in the bunch. It was a security seminar by Microsoft. The first day was long and a bunch of us were having trouble staying awake. After a night in the motel room and very little sleep, I was really tired the second day (today). The software kept failing on the poor guy. Isn't that ironic? Microsoft's own software to fail during a training session? Imagine that!
2 comments:
When I got married the 2nd time my aunt made one of those out of white towels and wash cloths. I kept it like that for a long time (years) before I finally took it all apart. I still haven't used the towels either, as I do not like white anything.
All my bath towels and wash cloths are white (or off white). I just bleach the hell out of them.
My daughter likes the big beach towels with the colorful designs. They would make one heck of a towel-cake.
Post a Comment