Thursday, March 09, 2006

A day like today



I have had some day today. I feel like kicking a trash can. Really hard. I long for the day when I took the above photo at lunchtime. At the park near my town. Sunny, warm. Not all of this sour feeling in my stomach.

I did touch up the photo a bit. I think I used a pastel brush effect on it. It has been such a horrible day I can't recall what I did ten minutes ago.

My daughter is having issues at school with the assistant principal. I need to go and talk to him to see what is exactly going on. But there is a fine line. You can't piss them off because they end up taking it out on your child in the long run. I must not let my temper get the better of me or my caustic wit. I must remain calm. I must not kick anything, not even the trash can.

I have a stupid headache that is not responding to Advil. It isn't a migraine. Rather stress related or weather, I don't know. It just will not go away. It could be from the illness that my daughter and I are sharing at this time.

Then there is family. Sisters and brothers. I tend to be the gateway between them. We have some events coming up that will bring feuding siblings together. My stomach hurts from trying to think of how I can smooth things over if this happens or if that happens. My therapist said to "Stop it." Like that can happen. But, I will try.

Now my headache has moved into my cheekbones. I'm going to clean up the kitchen and go to bed. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

Edit: Oh yeah. I discovered that I made a mistake in my checking account somewhere. Although I am not overdrawn, I am short. I came home to find that the new cat threw up all over the bed downstairs and the basement bathroom carpet. She has been here a month. No new food, the same stuff. I threw the bedspread into the washing machine and when I went to clean up the carpet, it was gone. My daughter wasn't even home. I looked at the dog. Yuck. She just gave me those big brown sad eyes. I guess she was trying to help me. They can sense those things you know. I told her the next time ask for a wet rag.

4 comments:

Cheyenne said...

I think we all have cabin fever...Spring can't get here fast enough.

Tabor said...

I was feeling so sorry for you and know what it is like when everything seems to go slightly wrong at the same time. Then I got to the dog part and broke out laughing...My kitchen floor has been so dirty since we no longer have a dog!

Pam said...

I hate days like that. I hope the next one is better.

Peruby said...

Cheyenne - Amen to that!

Tabor - You are so right! I have to say I still have my sense of humor. Silly dog!

Pam - today is going much better, thank-you. It is nice to know that days like that are just temporary.