My nephew's wife has had some kind of psychotic break. Her siblings live out of state and I don't know them well enough to know if this is a genetic issue. Both her parents are deceased and her Mom most recently and she seemed to take it pretty hard. She is 53.
She had a son before she married my nephew and he has had a child so she is a grandmother. She and my nephew have two boys 20 and 16.
My sister fills me in. Her daughter is a clinical psychologist (nephew's sister) and she is helping her brother get matters in hand. She knows almost all of the doctors at the hospital. My nephew's wife was released a few days ago but it was necessary to re-admit her yesterday.
I cannot imagine the toll it is taking on the family. Fortunately, my nephew has some personal time saved up and can be there for his wife and his sons. My sister is a hands-on grandmother and she and her husband are also doing what they can.
I've not had much experience with anybody having this type of issue. I'm not even sure I've witnessed anybody having a panic attack. I believe I had a panic attack (although I didn't know it was one at the time, it took me 3 days of research before I figured it out).
I can't imagine how scared everybody must be.

1 comment:
I am so very sorry this is troubling your family. Your niece-in-law will be in my prayers, and all of you as well, may this be gotten in hand quickly and may she recover well.
Post a Comment