Friday, March 20, 2026

Tomorrow's Party


 Preparing for a big family get together tomorrow.  I have 16 sets of glow sticks for the kids.  I know they all won't be there so I'll send them home with their parent or grandparent.

Sister 1944 still having issues with her daughter-in-law.  Her  husband and boys had to call the police and have her admitted again.  The hospital keeps releasing her and she just has to go right back in.

I don't know the details and I doubt my sister will talk about it tomorrow with so much family around.  This sister also has a son who has not spoken to her for 2 years.  We were at a family get together for the eclipse 2 years ago and an incident happened, her oldest son and his wife blew up at my sister and left and they've not spoken since.  She has been able to talk to their son a few times and she makes sure he gets his Christmas and Birthday gifts.

Sister 1949 may not be able to make it.  She has been baby-sitting her grandson.  He broke his leg AGAIN from dirt bike riding.  His dad was (still is) a big dirt bike rider and has broken many bones himself.  I'm not sure the boy is even 4 years old yet.  Would that be a form of child abuse?   I wonder what the doctor says.  

I went in and ordered the cake yesterday.  I showed them a picture this time of the icing I want.  Last year I asked for extra icing and got diddly.  Here are the two cakes side by side. The cake I got last year and my friend's retirement cake.  I like icing.



1 comment:

messymimi said...

I’ve been working and by now your event is over, I do hope it was a good one and everyone who came had fun.