Sunday, March 16, 2025

Never on a Saturday


 Hah. So the winery we went to didn't take reservations on a Saturday anyway.  About 17 of my family showed up and we had a blast. I asked the bakery for lots and lots of icing.  This is what I got. That is a full sheet cake and it just happens to be the least amount of icing I have ever received on a cake from them.  

I almost said something when I picked it up, but for some reason I did not.  I was pumped for the get together they were astronomically busy and I knew there was not much I could do about it anyway. I did not want to say anything negative at that time because I was going to have a great time come hell or high water.  I guess I will just have to spell it out next time.  I had also ordered 7 cookie kits from them and I told myself I could always put the cookie kit icing on it.  Of course I am kidding.  

That cake was consumed like an out of control wild fire. I was cutting as fast as I could.  I was more than half a bottle of wine in and I was being quite generous with the piece sizes. I did manage to bring some back to my daughter and son-in-law (they had stayed home sick).  I got about two bites of left over cake this morning. 

When I take a cake like this, I always share with the staff.  I figure if they were nice enough to let me bring this in to their establishment (where they serve desserts) then I can at least give them all a piece. I also handed out pieces to family to take home to those who could not make it. I had it all under control until the waitress came out and said "Can the kitchen staff have some?"  Of course they can!  I shoved a couple of pieces in a container for my daughter and gave the rest of the cake to the kitchen.  What did I care?  I had more wine to drink!  

My favorite wines from this place were "Coal Miners Daughter, Blackberry and Han's Favorite Blend."  We just mixed them all together. A little from that bottle, a little from this one.

1 comment:

messymimi said...

It sounds like a great good time.