Monday, March 31, 2025

Could not wait


 Waiting for the movie to become available, I downloaded the book to read.  It's a story about a teacher in 1976 who went to Uruguay to teach and saved a dying penguin from an oil slick. 

I was a bit shocked when I read more about Gene Hackman and his wife's death. It was kind of a strange situation. Makes you consider what might happen if you or a loved one develops a form of dementia or Alzheimer's and what the circumstances could be.

Mysterious like a book or a movie. 

2 comments:

messymimi said...

The book sounds fascinating.

Mr. and Mrs. Hackman's story reads like a nightmare to me. This is why we need each other, should check up on each other, always need to have someone we look out for and someone who looks out for us, and not always just in the same house.

Peruby said...

Amen!