Saturday, August 01, 2020
Too Much and Never Enough
Been on a reading frenzy lately. I'm still around. Still on the computer for about 14 hours a day. Now that I am working from home, I rarely leave the screen.
My gosh, I almost didn't get in to post this. I could not remember where to go, could not remember what my login email was (old, old, old) and security answer was not working. Whew. Finally, with my cryptic notes that I keep on the computer, I managed.
I think I read the above book in 2 days. I also had the book by J Bolton - but it is hard for me to stay interested with that one, so I moved on. But of course the one above kept my interest.
I do all my reading on-line with e-books. I like non-fiction more than fiction.
For pets, I am down to 1 bearded dragon, 2 dogs and my Monster cat. Over the past couple of months I lost one dog and one beardie. Sad, both of them.
I don't mind staying home. I don't mind working from home. Now, about twice a month or so, I have to drive to a school and install or replace some equipment physically. Summer is usually a busy time for that (because if the Internet is going to go off-line they want to do it when the staff and students are gone) but this summer I only had 2. And one I did not have to do anything but babysit the job while 3 other guys did the work. I was just there in case my equipment wigged out. It did not. I was a bit put off that I wore a mask and the three guys working did not. So, I sat in another room for most of the day reading.
I think reddit has replaced my need for blogging. I make comments on there (I am incognito under a false name) about tv shows I watch, flowers, books - things that catch my interest. I steer clear of politics, religion and sex. It is not hard to do because just reading a few posts on those sub reddits has me moving on to another topic. Like horses, or kittens, or baby goats.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
So sorry for your pet losses. That always hurts.
Also sorry you had to work with guys that just don't seem to take this pandemic seriously. I don't understand that but glad you had a place to go to stay distant.
Keep staying safe.
It's never easy to lose a pet, although it is great to hear from you. Also, i am glad you still have your job and can do it from home!
Welcome back. Nice to see you're still around. I'll have to catch up on your new offerings. Stay safe.
Post a Comment