Tuesday, August 18, 2020

I did something today that I rarely EVER do (if ever).  I didn't listen. Well, I guess I did it Sunday evening, Monday morning. I drank my coffee. I ate breakfast. I did not fast for 12 hours. I did NOT go back into the hospital to have a re-draw of my blood work.  I checked my chart on-line and all the numbers were recorded. Mostly similar to all my other numbers I have taken every 6 months.

 

So, I just didn't go.  Then today I did something almost as rare. I canceled my doctor appointment. I started the day not feeling all that swift. I had some hard research to do and it took me a solid 3 hours to find and gather the information that was needed. Once I gathered all of that, I fought with a cantankerous program.

 

By noon I called in sick for the rest of the day. My appt was scheduled for 3. I called in and canceled that, too. What usually keeps me going to my regular appointments is in order to get my medication prescriptions renewed, I have to go to the appointment. But they are so out of whack, I have 4 months left on all of them.

 

What is going on with me?  I've never been rebellious. I've always done what I was told to do (well, at least by doctors and such). 


Then I read where long term effects of the virus could be chronic fatigue and foggy brain. Gee - maybe I already had the virus because I am experiencing both of those symptoms in full force these days. I thought it was just the aging process or long lasting effects from the chemo.

1 comment:

messymimi said...

Everyone gets to a point sometimes where s/he just does not want to be bothered. Hope you can get your appointment rescheduled when you are feeling better.