I joined some friends and we went to Wasaibi's Steakhouse a few days ago. I love this place but the night turned kind of sour.
I've been here before so I understand the fun of the chef squirting sake into the customer's mouths across the table. (Using the squirt bottle shown above in the photo). The last time I was there the sake tasted like water.
This time it was very strong tasting. I closed my mouth and he continued to squirt sake all over my chest and top area. It dried sure enough, but in the car it was all I could smell. Sour sake.
The other issue I had that evening was one of my friends that sat to my right became a little juiced and smacked my leg almost all night long.
I hate this. I swear, I looked for a bruise on my leg the next day.
They just kind of smack you with the back of their hand as if they are used to people ignoring them and they have to smack them to get their attention. I came very close to saying something to her but I bit my tongue. It was her birthday celebration, after all.
The grand finale was when one of the waiters bent over in front of us and his clothing was quite tight to say the least and she continued to smack my leg for about 50 whacks as if saying "Look! Look! Look!"
For starters, I don't care to make an ass of myself and ogle men (or women). And, I certainly believe that one short discreet look would have been plenty and not fifty whacks of her hand to let me know she was looking at him.
I bucked up and just enjoyed the food for the evening. She had the nerve to say "You were awfully quiet tonight."
Probably because I was biting my tongue.

4 comments:
Oh man, you sure put up with a lot of crap sometimes. I would have grabbed her hand after a smack and just held on for a few minutes, and then kept doing it until she got the hint. Next time, sit by someone else :) And then to be doused so much so you smell like an alcoholic! It must have been darn good food to offset all of that.
It sounds like you took the high road all evening, and i commend you for it.
Well, it WAS her birthday and you were good and wise to put up with it. But, when it is NOT her birthday you can certainly grab her hand and say STOP I am getting welts!
Ha! You were wise to bite your tongue. I'm afraid I would have bitten mine off. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to keep my mouth shut, birthday or no birthday.
At least you had some tasty food, right? :)
Post a Comment