I guess my energy or my creativity for writing has been zapped the past few weeks. I am doing a lot at work and I think it uses all of my energy and has left me with nothing to write about.
I am (almost) over the coughing. I still am caught off guard from time to time with a coughing fit. Like last evening we were in a burger joint. The thermometer on the wall said 82 ยบ . Holy cow! The waitress said it was actually cooler in the kitchen.
Warmer temps have finally arrived in Ohio.
But that isn't what this post is about. Since I am slowly getting better, I am regaining one of my most important features. My sense of humor.
Working with the filter, I come across words that are flagged as p0rn. Here is a list of some that surprised me.
crest white strips
police car lights flashing
I finally figured out the offending words that were flagged must be "strips" and "flashing". I was like "really"? I questioned this with our representative. He said the list was very literal. Okay, but holy cow!
Then I came across:
Woody Hayes
Woody Harrelson
woody allen movies
and of course, Woody Woodpecker.
Clarinet fingering chart
Anaconda swallows man
nymph creature
water jugs
Bulimia nervosa ....wait, what? p0rn?
Right up above that search was anorexia nervosa and it properly appeared flagged as family health.
Okay, I just did a little research. (Bulimia is affiliated with food p0rn.)
Hmmmm. And, you know I've mentioned before that "To Kill a Mockingbird" comes up flagged as violence.
But the one that was flagged that made me laugh out loud. "Out loud" was :
summa cum laude.
Take that, filter!

4 comments:
I think the filter needs some fine tuning.
Very funny, you do have your humor back and now so do I ;-)
That last one is too funny! Your filter sounds a bit too uptight.
You certainly have your job cut out for you. I cannot imagine a filter that would work effectively and give the kids access to the good stuff without letting in the bad stuff! So glad that you are feeling better!
Post a Comment