Monday, May 19, 2014
Fur baby
I am not exactly certain what my sister put on this little one's head. I doubt that she kept it on for very long. I don't get to see the little ones very often. Understandably it is hard for them to travel.
This Sunday is a big family cook-out, though. I hope to be surrounded by the little tykes.
My house is freezing! Last week I came home from work on Monday and noticed that the house was 84º Fahrenheit. My air conditioner had stopped working. I called on Tuesday- another very hot day.
It is the controller board. Thursday the temps dipped drastically. The repairman wired the fan directly and it blows 24/7. I have wooden floors. I have shut every vent that I can and my floors are like ice. This year Ohio is experiencing a very cold/hot month. One extreme or the other.
So, either I spend over $400 for a new controller board or get a new unit. It is central air and the controller board controls the furnace, too. I guess they were put in, in 1995 or so. I suppose I should replace both of them together.
I just made my first payment on my $800 gas hot water heater. So, this is the year all the appliances fall apart. My dish washer leaks (sometimes). My washing machine leaks so that I have to babysit it and when the rinse cycle fills up I have to hold the basin back so the water does not splash behind it.
My garbage disposal has been out for a few months, now.
Ahhh. And life goes on. I hope my car is not listening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I am sorry to hear about your appliances breaking. It seems like they all go at once in our house.
My pork tenderloin is cooked at 425* for 25-30 minutes, and for the last 10 minutes of cooking, I add this mixture to the top of the meat:
1 jar of orange marmalade and 1/2 jar of peach-mango salsa. That was for 2 tenderloins. If I am only cooking one, I use less marmalade.
I hate when the appliances conspire against us. And yes, keep them away from the car :-)
Things like this are almost enough to make me believe in the total depravity of inanimate objects!
Makes me think the appliances are up in the night plotting mayhem together. I'm thinking of just having my disposal removed, don't use much and it leaks off and on.
What the heck is that on that poor child's head? It's quite amusing.
Cheyenne - I know! It was my sister (her grandmother)who was watching her when she snapped this photo, so it could be anything!
Post a Comment