Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pink decorations

I took this photo while working at a school a week or so ago. The secretary told me that they had already taken down a lot of the decorations. I just think it is amazing that somebody can do this and actually get the decorations to stay attached.

I've never had much luck with decorating.

Note: I am NOT a creepy little school kid creeper. Well, not much. I do get the urge to cuddle, pinch, hug some little ones from time to time but I must resist the urge as I am a stranger.

A while back I was working at a school with the door to the tech room open when a line of little ones marched by. I smiled and waved. I heard one say to the other "Is that your grandmother?"

Wha...?!!!

4 comments:

kden said...

"Grandmother", ha. Since we are older parents, we used to get called that a lot....at school, at a store. I got tired of explaining so one day when she was asked if she was having a nice time with her Grandma, I just said "tell 'em Faith", and she did.

messymimi said...

It does take a bit of getting used to, having very young children thinking we look like grandparents. From what i remember, being that age, anyone who even remotely looked older than my parents i thought had to be a grandparent.

Celia said...

Oh well, my 7 year old grandgirl thinks her 16 year old sister is ancient, and me? Older than dirt.

Tabor said...

I love little kids and must be very careful that I do not get in their space! I do not care what they call me.