Am feeling very low and down today. I had a very rough day yesterday. I won't go into detail but it all has to do with my age and the process we deal with when we reach a certain age. This also ties in with why my week-end was a wash after what felt like a migraine coming on. I could not function very well on Monday either - I went home sick from work and went to bed.
I had to be in a certain training for two days (these guys flew in from California) so we had a small window of time and I could not call in sick or go home sick or excuse myself. I was in our home office which is 60 miles away from my home. I couldn't just "run home for lunch". They insisted on taking me to lunch and I had no co-worker available to go with us and I had to keep up the chatter by myself.
I was drained. I feel like I don't even remember anything after lunch yesterday. There were two trainers (one was training the new guy) and my head was spinning from both of them showing me this product we are evaluating. Of course with this aging process comes insomnia so I had awoken yesterday morning at 3:30 a.m. and never got back to sleep. I was not hitting on all cylinders and my brain was so weak.
I am behind on some planning for the baby shower and I had 14 trick or treaters come to the door last night. (I fixed my porch light.) They don't stop unless the porch light is on. This is after I told our new neighbor lady that we get no trick or treaters in this neighborhood.
I guess that is changing. I wish I had more energy and I wish I had asked them if I could grab a few camera shots. The dogs were being, well - the dogs were being dogs. They barked and wanted to meet and greet every single kid that came to our door.
And, of course we had two "older" kids come around. One is a "little person" and I knew him from a few years ago. He wasn't even dressed up (that I could tell) and his friend looked to be an older teen. I said "Hi Larry (not his real name)". He said hi back. Sigh. I don't care. As long as it does not get out of hand. I don't mind a teen sneaking in here and there (actually I am fairly certain that Larry is in his twenties). He was always very nice to me.
I know this tired "episode" will pass. I hope it goes quickly as I want to be at my best when I host the shower on Sunday.
4 comments:
Maybe Larry is medically compromised? So they went early? Because of the weather today? Hope you are feeling better...try some meditation and soft music and don't beat up on yourself.
Hope you feel better. I remember days like that from my IT career, just being present. Take care of yourself this weekend.
The aging process sucks!! I get all confused if I shop at a different store which I did today, with hubby in tow. Never again.
Tabor - for some reason my town chose Wed. night for trick or treat night, good thing. The weather was horrible Thursday night and a few places canceled.
Celia and Kden - thanks. I have a super busy week-end (sigh) but I do have help (daughter and sisters).
Post a Comment