Saturday, October 05, 2013

Movies


It has been a long time since I posted any movie reviews. July in fact. I have watched a slew of them. I looked back over the ones I watched (yes, I keep a list) and one in particular was my favorite. Not everyone will agree, I am certain. The Heat with S Bullock and M McCarthy.

If you are offended by the "F" word, they you won't care for this movie. I think it is used in Melissa's conversation in every other word.

My favorite parts are where Sandra's character mistakes Melissa's for being a prisoner waiting to be questioned. Another is where Melissa kicks the door down on a woman using the toilet (thinking a criminal is hiding in there) and she is pointing a gun at her. As Sandra's character attempts to drag her away, Melissa asks "Who closes the 'effin door when they are taking a sh!t?"  Sandra replies "Humans do."

Another one I found funny in parts (but raunchy in others) was "We're the Millers".

I'll give a quick shout out to "Admission" with T Fey and P Rudd. I liked this one.

3 comments:

Tabor said...

Have not seen any of these but I do like Sandra Bullock. Unfortunately there are thousands of words in the English language that can express the sentiment of the F word...not sure why writers are so lazy.

kden said...

I loved The Heat, saw it twice. And the Millers was good too although it didn't get the best reviews. I guess the F word sounds funny when certain people say it. McCarthy looks like she wouldn't say it so when she does it cracks me up. Oh I guess I did see Admission. It was just OK to me but had a nice ending.

colleen said...

Gonna add it to my Netflix list. I like the fact that it is set in Boston (I think), my hometown.