I received my order of A.S.S. (a1s0 $alt $ubstitute). It is a shame that I had to reduce myself to a threat to get them. In December their e-mail stated 4 weeks for delivery....more like 4 months. Would I ever have received them if I had not resorted to a threat?
I have not tried it, yet. I am half afraid too. They are probably poisoned. LOL! No, they are factory sealed.
The reason I ordered them on-line in the first place is because my nephew put this product on his Christmas list. He noted that it was difficult to find. Well, me being me - I went straight to their web site and ordered from there. It did not matter to me that it was coming late - he did receive one from his sister who found some when she was roaming out in Colorado on Christmas, so my order was more to stock up. I wanted to begin using a $ubstitute also. This product has added potassium so it probably does mess with medication that the doctor may have prescribed for hypertension. Read about that here.
My daughter is not on any medication, yet. Heck - she never adds sa1t to anything anyway. She has not formed the habit, yet. And, that is what it is. A habit. You acquire a taste for the sa1t and you shake, shake, shake.
During the entire ordeal, I dealt with one lady. Joan. Her last name was even printed on the return address. She is the person who answered the phone (when she answered) - she is the person who called me back. She is the one who sent me the e-mail about the product being shipped.
I wonder what kind of company this is? Is it large? Small? Is it family-owned? It almost sounds like a small family business. Oh, groan. I just checked their BBB rating. A big fat "F". The most complaints are from delivery issues. Surprise! Surprise! You can read their BBB report here.
I did a search on the CEO - Joan W___. I had to laugh. Her facebook page shows her favorite movie as "Unbelievable". How apropos!

4 comments:
I think most processed foods are full of either sugar or salt and I avoid those like the plague. Fresh or prepared in the kitchen are the best. I hope you monitor your health when using this. See if you can find a complete list of the ingredients and research it.
It does pay to be persistant, or even pesty to get what you want. That's how I got the value of my trip reduced an a check to cover my taxes. I still think it's harder for women to get what is justfully right and we end up looking like bitches. Anyway that's a whole other story. I hope your nephew appreciates his ASS now :-)
Kudos on your persistence. Cooking fresh is the best, I don't salt either but the stuff is in everything processed, even frozen plain veggies.
Try Benson's gourmet seasonings.com for a nice alternative to salt. Called Benson's Table Tasty. Sodium chloride and potassium chloride free. I have been thinking about it for awhile.
Other places sell A.S.S. too without having to deal with the actual maker of the product. Glad to see you finally got it. But I can't use it since I am on meds for high BP although my BP has been in check since putting myself on 1500 mgs of sodium or less every day.
Post a Comment