I've written about this artist before. We saw her work at Akron Museum in 2000. Here is an article I read recently: http://www.wmagazine.com/artdesign/2008/09/liza_lou.
I find her work amazing. The photo of the sink of dirty dishes is part of her kitchen piece. It took her five years to create this one. At Akron they also had the backyard picnic and the president portraits.

3 comments:
Really bright and bold and complex. Makes me think of Latin art.
Quite an artist, love her work. Many artists are no less dedicated than any other professions who eat, sleep, and breath their work, just less appreciated I think.
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, I've been told. I've got some like that, hot pads scattered all over the kitchen cabinet, but I can't appreciate very much. Now you take an assortment of hand guns and I can get excited.
Post a Comment