Saturday, December 08, 2012

An addict is an addict is an addict

I tell everyone "I hate to shop."  Actually, I am an addict. Probably. I don't know. I am a binge shopper. I was a binge drinker. You can go through life and never have a drink again. You can't go through life and never shop again. Not realistically. I have to be very careful when I shop.

I don't quit.

Christmas is the hardest. I have to start late because I do not quit. I have to keep buying gifts for people. I love to give, give, give.

We are having our annual family party tonight. At a restaurant. A record 40 are showing. There are a few friends coming, but still...mostly family. And their significant others.

And, babies. We have new babies this year. YAY!

Out of the immediate family two nephews cannot make it.

All 8 children will be there. I have to find my cameras and get them charged up!

I stole a couple of games from the party I went to on the first and I made up one of my own. I watched The Grinch carefully and came up with 10 wacky questions about the show. From the easiest "What color is the Grinch?" to the hardest "How many years has the Grinch put up with the Who characters making noise?"

We are in a new restaurant this year. They have promised us a private room. I tell them that there will be singing, laughter and noise. I don't want to disturb the other patrons.

Hopefully, I will have some pics to post tomorrow.


1 comment:

Tabor said...

Wonderful for you to be with so many crazy happy people at this time of year. I also find that I have trouble quitting the buying when I have reached the end of the list!