Sunday, September 23, 2012

Depressed - lower in amount

The above photo is not mine. The sweet potatoes at my county fair numbered about three. The presentation, the show was more depressed than usual. I have not been to the fair in a couple of years. There was a huge sweet potato at our fair, though. I can't recall the weight. 

I always try to go through the barn displays of the 4-H. I like to see what photos and pictures were presented and which ones won. Years ago I entered about three photos in a county close to where I grew up. One of my paintings brought in first place. The other, second. My sister entered it. I wasn't even there. I had promised that picture to a friend. He was the one who went through my paintings and he must have seen something in it. LOL! Maybe he was the judge. NO! Just kidding. What was that? Thirty, thirty-two years ago?

Come to think of it, since I wasn't there - maybe there were only three paintings entered. Grin.

If somebody liked my painting, I gave it to them. I have not painted in years. I took up drawing again about twenty years ago, but .... eh. I was always "the artist" in my class. I wonder what some of my teachers and fellow students would think when they found out I ended up in computers. They would probably scratch their heads and say "Huh?  Her?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is state fair in OKC but we can't go. My wife and I were talking the other night. We have never been to a state fair, we've been to fairs, but never a state fair.