My grand niece playing in the sand at Key West. I love her blue finger nail polish. On her wrist is my Mom's (fake)pearl bracelet. Funny how her grandmother (sister 1949) helped herself to things in my Mom's house before we all took the time to clean it out. She made certain she got there first and took what she wanted. During my niece's wedding was not the time for me to mention it to her. She would just say that Mom had given her granddaughter the jewelry before she passed anyway. We have no way of knowing.

3 comments:
Funny how a death can cause some people to do sneaky and selfish deeds. I think every family experiences it.....and it leaves ever-lasting scars on your heart. And you're right....there is no way to bring it up without looking like "the bad guy"....so you just shut up and remind yourself that the one who committed the selfish act/s is the one who will have to look at themselves in the mirror.
I have a grandson that way. He used to go round the house looking at pictures on the wall, at antique dishware from my wife's great. grand parents, whatever he wanted, he's say to my wife, I want this when you and pop die, okay, I'm going to put my name on it.
Now I don't feel so bad (no, I still do), my sister did the same thing only she did it while Mom was in the home yet, long before she died. Just one of the reasons we don't communicate anymore (she moved to California).
Post a Comment