Open the original photo in Irfanview, the first thing I do is resize it. If you don't and you begin to make changes, it takes forever.
I use Autoadjust colors a lot and sharpen a lot.
The next thing I use is color corrections. I used to use the contrast, but for this photo, I added more red to make it more sunsetty looking. I added more and tweaked the contrast. I do not recall the exact steps but there is an undo button if you do not like it and of course, you can always start over.
I also use a free program called PhotoScape. www.photoscape.org. It has a ton more features and of course - also free.
First I wasn't being sarcastic. And I've forgotten how to hit on someone. For about fourteen I critiqued photos at a fotog clubs who held monthly contests. Sometime I do get carried away, perhaps, with the sound of my own voice(I talk too much). Of course personal preference comes into play, but this is going o turn out to be one of your best shots of the trip.
7 comments:
Please tell me he is not being sarcastic? Is he hitting on you? Just kidding!
Nice photo...so how did you doctor it? Things like that fascinate me.
I have used this free program for years.
http://www.irfanview.com/
Irfanview.
Open the original photo in Irfanview, the first thing I do is resize it. If you don't and you begin to make changes, it takes forever.
I use Autoadjust colors a lot and sharpen a lot.
The next thing I use is color corrections. I used to use the contrast, but for this photo, I added more red to make it more sunsetty looking. I added more and tweaked the contrast. I do not recall the exact steps but there is an undo button if you do not like it and of course, you can always start over.
I also use a free program called PhotoScape. www.photoscape.org. It has a ton more features and of course - also free.
First I wasn't being sarcastic. And I've forgotten how to hit on someone. For about fourteen I critiqued photos at a fotog clubs who held monthly contests. Sometime I do get carried away, perhaps, with the sound of my own voice(I talk too much). Of course personal preference comes into play, but this is going o turn out to be one of your best shots of the trip.
By the way, thanks for the technical info.
Bill - thank you very much.
Like I said, both of the programs are free and it is just fun to experiment with them.
The emboss feature is neat, too.
This photo was from my cell phone and it seriously needed doctoring.
Post a Comment