Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Hold it High

I missed posting on the correct day, but I figured I could not pass up posting one of my poppy flowers and recite yet another section from In Flanders Fields.

Hold it high.

8 comments:

Tabor said...

Nice. My poppies are not blooming...barely growing.

kden said...

I love those big orange poppies, wish their blooms lasted longer. One big wind, and poof, they're gone.

Anonymous said...

That's why I don't want poppies;they're so temporary. They're not around long even if there is no big wind. I like flowers that stay a while.

Dog Hair in my Coffee said...

I just tonight bought a BLUE poppy in Alaska to bring home with me. And got a half an hour dialogue with the woman on how to RAISE poppies. I was actually wishing she had shared all of that BEFORE I handed her the cash... I have a VERY black thumb. We shall see.

Peruby said...

Tabor - I know! Such a strange year. Some flowers are blooming - some are not.

Peruby said...

kden - yep. The next day all the orange petals were strewn around the ground. :(

Peruby said...

Bill - kind of poetic. Like our soldiers in combat. Fleeting. Like life. Using poppies in the poem "Flanders Fields" seems even more appropriate, now.

Peruby said...

Dog Hair - wha..? BLUE? There are BLUE poppies!? Okay, I just googled them. I am so excited. I have to get me some of these!