Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Food

I love food. I had always wanted to go to the above restaurant and finally got my wish in December. I scored a menu from the waiter. Nothing special. Seems they give them out all the time. Not only does it have the menu, it has a few advertisements in it as well.

Food is not my friend this week. It is the last thing I want to see or think of. I can barely tolerate jell-o or boiled potatoes. Two things I have eaten since the super bowl. Good game! It began with an earache and a stomach ache during the game. I never want to see any of the food I fixed that night for a very, very long time!

Oh, and toast. I managed toast today. I know you are supposed to eat it dry, but please! My stomach sounds like a ... well, I'm not really sure what to compare it to. I think you get the picture. And, it isn't because I am hungry, you can take my word for that!

So, I have been off work, taking it easy, hating food, drinking a ton of ice water and a wee bit of Pedialyte. Gross stuff, but I thought it was heaven when I was first able to drink something Monday morning. The positive spin on all of this? The kids had this bug two weeks ago, so the house was still full of sherbet, jell-o, Pedialyte, applesauce, bananas. I really thought I was out of the woods, but ha! No! I just hope my niece does not get it. She sat on the couch with me during the game. She has like four exams this week. Ugh!

5 comments:

Ralph said...

I was like that awhile back and for whatever reason all I wanted was American cheese. Yeah, I know it's weird but that's how it was.
I sure hope your niece doesn't get it.
Ralph

Peruby said...

American cheese is the best!

Cheyenne said...

My husband just went through that recently and it wasn't pretty. I had Pedialyte on hand but he said it was too "thick". No idea what he meant but thank goodness I also had Gatorade (orange) and he drank that.
Here's hoping you get better soon.

Miki said...

Feel better, Peruby...or I hope that youare on the mend...didn't look at the date of the post, just started reading! Stomach bugs are the worst. I agree with Cheyenne, if you can get some gatorade in the house, it could help hydrate you a little faster than the plain water. (Just don't buy red, it is scary if you get sick, fools you into thinking you are bleeding. Excuse my bluntness)
So get yourself better, be checking back soon!

Anonymous said...

One is lucky if you avoid catching something. Hope you're better soon.