My dogs turn away when I snap their picture. I don't use flash but maybe once or twice the flash fired inside and they remember how that hurt their eyes. This is the best I got, most of the time his head was completely turned to one side or the other. I can see his eyes peeking at me, though. This is Slade the boxer.
He loves it when I say "I see you peeking!" He gets all excited and jumps up and down and wiggles. Yes, he is a wiggler.
We still like to pretend to guess what his name originally may have been. A few months ago I thought it may have made more sense to call him Hercules or "Herc" for short. It didn't stick. I mean after two years or so you just can't change their name.
Like every pet owner, we give our pets a name, but have many or at least one nickname for them. Cheech comes in at Cheesy, Cheesecake, and Chester Copperpot. Chong comes in with Chubs, Chubby Checker and Chompers. I tried Chunk (with Chester Copperpot - remember The Goonies?) but it didn't stick.
Slade comes in with Sleigh Bell, Slady, Slady Bug, Toady Frog (from a friend of my daughter's) and my daughter calls him the ugliest dog she has ever seen (Butt Face).
Sable gets Sable Lee, Sablelicious and of course 'Sable, Sable the coffee table'. She used to get "Schwebel Sable" because she would eat loaves of bread if I left them too close to the edge of the kitchen counter. A bread box solved that problem. I have no idea how Schwebel is pronounced but I rhyme it with Sable. She also gets "Old girl", "Baby girl" and "Poky Little Puppy".
Since the kids were gone this week-end, I got to enjoy a movie of MY choice. I had spent over six hours straight with a technician going over OpenSUSE and Ubuntu Linux commands and my head was swimming and spinning. It was hurting (not bad, Advil took care of it for the most part). It was too warm in the room and he kept having to deal with his own network problems and nothing was going right. We were stymied at almost every step. It was very frustrating.
If anybody has migraines or knows of anybody who suffers the occasional migraine then you have probably heard of the aura. Due to my perimenopause, I am experiencing the aura phase of my migraines. (my personal diagnosis - not my doctor's). Yesterday I had one without the migraine progressing into a headache. I try to just ride them out. It was difficult speaking to the technician and working on the computer, trying this and trying that, while this blinding light and geometric shapes danced and flashed in front of my eyes for an hour. The condition usually makes me physically ill, but it didn't turn out so bad this time. I was a bit (what I call) spacey. Thank goodness my speech did not get garbled like this poor lady who was reporting live on the air during an episode.
I chose to watch "Conviction" with H Swank and S Rockwell. It was a good movie. I was depleted mentally and was just in the mood for this one, which happened to be based on a true story. Not a Swank fan, but I love Rockwell. I never like anything that Driver is in. (Sorry, I just don't get her). I have never been a fan of Lewis, but she was great in this movie. I love it when actors portray a real-life ugly character like this. To be fair, I've really only seen two of her movies (What's Eating Gilbert Grape and Cape Fear). - so I don't have much exposure to her. I just thought she did a wonderful job in this one.

5 comments:
We have five cats. Their names are:
Nefertiti is Nebba.
Mischief is Meege.
Alexander is Alex.
Abigail is Abby.
Matilda is Matt.
The formal name is too formal. The nicknames grew on us. We love all of them and enjoy their company. Much as you seem to do - in spite of their mischievous ways.
It's funny how we name our pets and then give them nicknames. Junior is Junes, June-June, and Junebug. Dakota is Cody and my husband calls her Sissy. Punkin' is Punkin'Doodle-Apple Strudel.
and sometimes Drunken Punkin'.
Juliette Lewis doesn't have to act to play ugly.
Joan - very romantic names.
Cheyenne - I like Drunken Punkin'.
Grumpy - you are incorrigible!
My dog doesn't care to have her picture taken either. She will look at you for awhile and then as soon as you go click, she turns her head so all we get is a black blur.
Post a Comment