Saturday, December 11, 2010

Santa Baby

Did some arts and crafts with friends a week or so ago. We all sat around a big ping pong table. Most of them used glitter pens and markers. I used up all the white felt and stole all the white cotton balls.

By the way, my least favorite holiday song is "Santa Baby". Hate it. I despise the lyrics and it totally goes against my nature. Oooh! Buy me this! Buy me that! I only love you if you give me material things! A ring, yes a ring! Boo boo be do! (retching).

I am not feeling any better at all. I think I am getting worse. Have the big dinner party tonight.33 is the latest count. My daughter's boyfriend will drive (deer on a dark county road at night) and I'll let the 20 year old eyes take care of the spotting. I'll be snug in the back seat with no worries. I might drink some of the bourbon that Tabor suggested. If I can keep it down.

I am not used to riding in the back. It is a forty minute drive. I'll hope for the best.

The adult game we are playing goes like this. I took construction paper and cut it in half - long ways. I put the first letters of the first line of a Christmas song on each one. I have about 40 of them.

For example, the song "Away in a Manger" looks like this on the card:  AIAM. They have to guess the song. Not so easy. Here are some, can you guess them?

1.  TFNTADS

2.  STNWTTLL

3.  DTTS

4.  DTHWBOH

5.  GGROBAR

6.  OLTOB

7.  SNHN

8.  HTHAS

9.  JTTW

10.  GTIOTM

11.  FTSWAJHS

12.  HYAMLC

13.  IDOAWC

14. OCAYF

15. WWYAMC

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Oh gosh, now I have that song in my head. I hate it as well. And it's my husband's favorite Christmas song. Yuck!

Peruby said...

Cheyenne - I know! Even tho' I hate the song, it just burrows into my head.