Another shot from the museum.
What does Christmas mean to you?
What priority defines your holiday?
1. Religious belief
2. Getting/giving presents
3. Seeing/being with family
4. Just getting through it all (a.k.a. 'I hate it and everything it represents') Hurry and just get it over with!
5. Time off from work/school
6. Making money (some people do)
7. A reason to shop
8. A reason to eat more
9. Decorating/making crafts/baking (being creative or creating something)
10. A reason to drink more
Why would somebody contemplate suicide during the holiday season?
1. Lonely (cannot relate to others and they don't understand why)
2. Unreasonable expectations that cannot be met (no money or energy required to "give")
3. Cannot stand to see such cheer when feeling so low and miserable
4. Confused that they don't feel the cheer or "get it" - there must be something wrong with me
5. Failure to meet personal goals (I will never be able to do it all or give enough)
When you find yourself feeling blue around the holidays, does anything in particular cheer you up? Or, what do you do to get yourself in the spirit of things?
1. Listening to Christmas carols/music
2. Shopping
3. Baking
4. Watching holiday movies
5. Seeing family/friends
6. Decorating
7. Wrapping gifts
8. Sending/receiving cards in the mail
9. Eating
10. Drinking
11. Driving or walking around looking at lights/displays
12. Going to holiday functions/festivals
13. Reading meaningful Christmas stories (The Gift of the Magi, etc...)
14. Reminiscing about past holidays and great memories (opening a box of nostalgic ornaments)
15. Nothing, I just like to lay low and do as little as possible to get this nightmare over with

2 comments:
f the holidays are hard for people their best solution is to keep busy, either with holiday or non-holiday activities. Lots of people need help this time of year and that would keep someone very busy.
Christmas was great when my parents were still with us because the family gathered there. Now I don't get to see any of them. And so Christmas is now just another holiday. I do get to see my daughter and her boyfriend but it is usually after Christmas. So my husband and I and our 3 cats enjoy the day to the best of our ability. Fun stuff.
Post a Comment