I shuffle around with a box of tissues in one hand, a tube of anti-bacterial wipes in the other and a bag of cough drops in the other. Wait. Put the a/b wipes under my arm. Even though I have not grown another arm, I do feel like my head has swollen to the size of a hot air balloon, though.
Right now it is the sore nose, scratchy and sore throat and sinus pressure. I've been calling off sick from work. I have a week of vacation next week. I am not getting things done to prepare for vacation. Wonderful. Just great. Then there is the nagging cough that will not let you sleep. Groan.
I have been eating popcicles and drinking ginger ale and water. Anything to try to stop this hacking cough. You can only eat so many cough drops before you start to feel really sick. Let me doze in front of the t.v. in my big chair. That is the only place I am comfortable.
I have been eating popcicles and drinking ginger ale and water. Anything to try to stop this hacking cough. You can only eat so many cough drops before you start to feel really sick. Let me doze in front of the t.v. in my big chair. That is the only place I am comfortable.

4 comments:
Do you have the humidifier on? I have also heard that rubbing mentholated ointment on the bottom of your feet helps...!
Throw in some Zicam - it really does seem to help shorten a nasty cold. I take both the little melt things, and use the nose swab. I'm sorry you feel so yucky. What a bad time of year for it. Feel better soon!!!
I feel sick just reading your symptoms. I use Tylenol Warming Cold Multi-Symptom. Has the added benefit of putting me to sleep.
Tabor - I am leery of humidifiers since I have had Pleurisy so many times. But I might have to reconsider. I like the idea of rubbing menthol on my feet. Love the smell.I suppose that would keep one in bed, wouldn't it?
Dog Hair and Grumpy - for some weird reason I won't take anything more than Tylenol or Advil. Once in a while I will take Sudafed if it is in the medicine cabinet - but my daughter had this a week or two ago and she used it all up.
Most cold meds give me a headache or make my heart race.
Post a Comment