Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sticky Ants

It's that time of year again. My peonies are starting to bud. I loved the bright "eyes?" of the ant on the top of the flower. I guess it is the eyes. Click the photo to see in closer.

Funny how you feel things on your legs, arms, back when you are looking at pictures of ants, spiders, bugs. There is nothing there, Peruby!

I guess I did so well at work yesterday, they have cancelled me coming back the next two days. Originally my manager scheduled me to drive down to the home office Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to get old equipment ready for a truck that is picking it all up on Friday. Now, they just want me to come back an hour before the truck comes on Friday to finish the job.

It does figure. My job was to peel inventory stickers off of equipment, stick it to a notepad and record it. Then to add the old equipment to the "junk" pile. I filled out 10 pages where the guys had filled out two.

I have watched the extended version of Taken. I didn't know it was the extended version until I began reading up on the movie on imdb.com. No wonder I had to hide my eyes during some of the more violent scenes. Ugh.

I asked my daughter how her boyfriend obtained a copy of this movie so quickly. My Netflix told me it was a very long wait for this one. She smiled and said "You don't' want to know." Oh, jeez. They knew I really wanted to see this movie. I am afraid he may be trying a little too hard with me.

In another post I may go over what I found to be "loose strings" of this movie. I felt that it left a lot of things hanging. Things that bother me in a movie. Overall, it was good. Neeson was very good in it. No complaints there. Just those pesky little things that were never explained or cleared up. You are just left hanging, asking yourself "How did...?" and "What happened to....?"

7 comments:

Tabor said...

I keep saying my favorite spring flower is the iris until the peonies start blooming. I have only one blooming plant now because my plants are so new...wait until next year. Glad that you work 'worked' out!

Peruby said...

I do love the peonies, but I think my fave is still the lilacs. Mine did not do so well this year. :-(

Peruby said...

Work got even better. Since I did so much on Tuesday my manger told me to just come back on Friday when the truck comes to haul the stuff away.

The site director called me and said she is going to tell my manager to finish my "one hour" of work that I have left so that I don't waste time and tax payers money by driving all the way back to the home office (3 hours round trip) to do one hours worth of work.

Ralph said...

You are so right about ants and spiders. It's is funny how you can "feel" them even when you know they are not there.
When my kids say, "You don't want to know" I always get a little nervous.
Ralph

themom said...

I'd be curious about what you think are loose strings in "Taken." I have seen it five times now - and I love it. Action, drama and I guess there was some gore, but iI love Liam Neeson.

Peruby said...

Ralph - this is so true. Kids can really pull some surprises.

Peruby said...

Themom,

Let's see. I guess I was being a bit detail-oriented. Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love Neeson. He was top notch.

There were things like "when he was bringing the one girl back (the one who had his daughter's jacket) he had to switch cars. He didn't have any luggage and he was checking into the motel for the first time. The next thing you know he was administering an I.V. Like he had one all along in his back pocket.

The other one about this girl was what happened to her? I only watched the movie once and I have to admit, sometimes my eyes were closed, but he never went back to take care of her.

Then there was the part where he shot his "friend's" wife. "It's only a flesh wound." Then he knocks his friend out. The wife (as far as I could tell) was still lying on the dining room floor with her flesh wound, his friend was knocked out cold and the two little kids were still in bed and he just leaves.

I am probably being a little picky but sometimes things like that bother me. There were more but those were the main things that bugged me.