While driving down to the home office yesterday morning, I stopped to look at the lake. Except for the trucks roaring by on Rt. 25o it was a peaceful, beautiful scene.There were lots of fishermen out already this morning. Long week-end and all. They looked like they were ready to party.
At work in the home office, we had all the spare old equipment ready for the truck to pick up and no truck came. This truck was coming from the C0lumbus area to my home office (by the river). My manager finally called and the office person said they had mechanical problems. They arrived a little over three hours later. Sounds to me like they left when we called. Hmmm?
We all worked up a mighty sweat loading that truck in 85 degree Fahrenheit weather. I wish I had taken pictures. Somebody said "It's probably better not to take pictures of a state agency getting rid of old equipment." I guess one time years ago a University threw away some junk equipment and the newspaper took a picture and the headlines read "They have so much money, they can throw computers away!"
No pics of the deed.
I asked about 10 co-workers what their plans were for the week-end. People like to talk about themselves. Some were camping, some where grilling, some were doing nothing and one was taking his son for his first run in Wh33ling. He said something before the number, so I am guessing he said the Ogd3n 5k.
Me? I am off to a cook-out tomorrow so I will be fixing the food stuff today. My Calico beans, pineapple pudding cake and yes, as usual, my "cheese ball!" I am certain I have made a thousand of these things in my lifetime. At the very least, I make 10 a year. Probably more like 20 a year for the past 20 years. That is 400. Before that it was sporadic. Okay, maybe 500 of them, then.
4 comments:
That is a great picture of the lake. By the way, send one of those cheese balls this way.
Ralph
Hello, Peruby! I tracked you down (feeling proud of oneself without reason), and my, what a lovely little corner of the world you have here. I love that river. I'm getting ready to boil my blood by reading political news this morning, but will go forth with a somewhat fortified soul, now. Nice to meet you. And, I love your photos.
Beautiful photo there. I gather you are not to far from me. The Wheeling Ogden classic 5 and 20K was today. It used to be televised but no longer. Hope the holiday weekend is good for you - I have a picnic tomorrow and I've invited aneighbor down and we are having a "widow's cookout!" Might as well name the damn thing. LOL
A beautiful lake. Nice shot of it.
Post a Comment