Monday, September 22, 2008

Never missed a meal


They came. Five of them. Big strong sturdy men to work in my basement. One of the first remarks as one of the fellows looked at my dog. "Looks like she never missed a meal!" What? Did you just insult my dog? I said "What? She's our baby and we love her very much!" Humph! She is just built stocky! Sable didn't mind. She loved the guys.

They anchored my basement wall with steel supports and put a new drain system in that empties into my sump pump. Now comes the fun part. Washing the walls down with Clorox and water mix, and painting with waterproof paint. I think if I can choose, I'll choose a deep rust or orange color. Why paint them boring white or yellow?

Now, I have a root/fruit/wine cellar again. Should I dabble in wine? Why not? I'll get a small wine rack and put in there. Although I am not sure how cold it gets. Hmmm. I don't think it freezes in there. It is below ground, so I don't suppose it can. It does have a window. That may not be good for the wine.

No comments: