Years ago, before my daughter got her hair cut, I took one of her pictures and blew it up on the scanner and printed it. I taped it to a window and traced it. The features I added were much older than her 12 years. I thought, let's see if this is what she looks like when she gets older. I didn't anticipate the hair cut and coloring. Oh, well. It doesn't really look like her at all.I finished the John Denver autobiography. This one he wrote, I believe in 1994. I didn't like it. I finished the book not liking the guy at all. I am now reading a biography of The Eagles: The Untold Story.
I can almost understand their drug taking and drinking. The party never ends until they burn out. What I cannot understand is "groupies." Where do these people come from? How in the hell are they raised so that they worship a rocker? I think somebody should write a book on groupies. Women who have followed bands around and lived to tell about it. What were they thinking at the time? Where are they now and how are they living their lives? Did they marry and have children? Or, did they all die of a sexually transmitted disease? What values do they carry with them today? Will they let their daughters run out and follow bands around the country sleeping with any band member?
Oh, I don't get it. Oh, okay. There have been books written. Maybe I'll see if my library group has the book(s). I'm not sure I would even want to read it, but curiosity gets the better of me.
Oh, I don't get it. Oh, okay. There have been books written. Maybe I'll see if my library group has the book(s). I'm not sure I would even want to read it, but curiosity gets the better of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment