
I watched "Charlie Wilson's War". Of course, now I want to read the book. A couple of months ago I watched "The Kingdom" and more recently "Iron Man". The latter hitting on the subject of selling weapons of mass destruction.
Charlie mentioned titles such as Charlie's Angels, Dr. Dirty, the Liberal from Lufkin, Mujahideen, and above is a sample of the car Ms. Herring drives around Houston - red Jaguar convertible. She said somebody flipped her off and she just blew them a kiss. How utterly prissy. What a parade queen.
How easy it must have been for those raised in such wealthy and lavish conditions to visit poor Afghanistan and wave their magic wands. Dust off the sand and dirt upon returning to America on their multi-million dollar jets and getting back into their bubbly hot tubs and in-ground pools.
The movie makes me hate politics even more. Oily, drunken, greedy liars. I don't find anything heroic about Charlie Wilson. I'll read the book and perhaps I'll change my mind. The Ms. Herring was even more of a disaster. Let her drive her red jaguar convertible on the dusty roads of Afghanistan and blow them a kiss.
Who in the world thought that Julia Roberts should play Herring? I see nothing similar about them at all. It looks like Roberts was trying to parody her Ocean's role. Dress up and act rich. She is built like a leggy colt with strong facial features, not a dainty and uppity socialite with a little doll's face.
Who in the world thought that Julia Roberts should play Herring? I see nothing similar about them at all. It looks like Roberts was trying to parody her Ocean's role. Dress up and act rich. She is built like a leggy colt with strong facial features, not a dainty and uppity socialite with a little doll's face.
No comments:
Post a Comment