Ever have one of those days that you wish would just end? Why do we have Mondays anyway? Couldn't we just tack Mondays onto the week-end? A recovery day. Not that I need to recover. No, not anymore. Not like the wild days of my youth when I didn't care a lick about hang-overs and lack of sleep. I still have the lack of sleep and I still have the headaches, but it isn't from drinking. Mostly from smelling bleach and pet urine.
Yes, I have pets. Three cats, one dog and one bird. I would only have two of the cats if it were up to me, but I am not the only one living in this house, you know? I might keep the bird. I never was a bird person, but the thing kind of grows on you. Oh, and I guess I would keep my daughter. She comes in handy once in a while. She is a hair (and I mean just a hair) taller than me, so she can reach those things high up in the kitchen cabinets. Not like she is ever in the kitchen. The punk never eats, and certainly never cleans the kitchen. If she can't reach it by stretching, she climbs on top of the appliances, much to my dismay. (Am I worried about her or the denting of the stovetop?)
Anyway, back to my pets. My bird is a grey and white cockatiel. Not piebald, just the very common grey and white. It likes to check every visitor over. It gets to be so that when they go to leave, I have to say "Pardon me. Do you have any grey POOP-ON you?" Now, remember back to the commercials with the rich man in the limosine, stopping and asking the passenger in the next limo, "Pardon me. Do you have any grey Poupon?" Har, har, I crack myself up.
The dog is on thin ice. I ran out of the herbal anti-anxiety medicine yesterday and when I came home from work on my lunch break, there was a mess. Six rolls of paper towels I had just bought strung out over the living room floor. My new toilet seat (it wasn't the right color anyway - glad I bought it on sale!), two of my daughter's new bras, my new Rubbermaid containers and a 5# sack of white potatoes. So we made a quick trip to the vet's office this afternoon. For her allergy shot, toenails clipped and the anti-anxiety medicine. She has been on the medicine for about 3 weeks, and I have to admit - it does seem to be helping. She is a pound rescue and the Vet guessed her age at 7 months when we got her and that was 14 months ago - so that would make her, what, 21 months old? Give or take. She suffers from separation anxiety. My daughter goes to summer camp all day long and I work. I do try to get home every day for lunch to let her outside for about 40 minutes. If it isn't raining. She hates water. To her water is only for drinking.
Alas, that brings me to my 3 cats. Two of them found me the third was a "gift" from my sister. She moved and was not allowed pets. Their names are Casper, Jasper and Precious. My dog's name is Sable and my bird is called Peru. (Maybe I should blog with my bird as the narrator. That would be interesting). But, her life is rather dull - stuck in the cage and all. Not saying that my life isn't dull. I'll take dull, thank-you very much.
No comments:
Post a Comment