Tuesday, June 29, 2004

If this blasted headache doesn't stop...

...well, I can't scream because it will hurt too bad. I just get to a point where I am feeling okay, and then I go and do something, like fix dinner. Then I spend the next hour trying to relax and get the pain to stop. The last med I took was at 3:00 (an ibuprofin). I just took another one. I am sitting in cool air conditioning, trying to straighten up my bedroom closet. In the meantime I am trying to run all the updates on two computers to keep them spyware and
virus free.

Never ending. My co-worker said that I should take more than just one ibuprofin. But, I don't. My stomach is queasy, so one will have to do. I forgot about alka-seltzer, and of course I won't take it with the other med, until at least a couple of hours have passed. The alka-seltzer always seems to ease the pain along with my queasy stomach.

Gearing up for the 4th of July week-end. I am having a family/friend get-together on Saturday. That is when my town's park sets off fireworks. I love to have parties and have people over. Plenty of food, drinks, music and games and we are set to go.

I love to tell jokes, but I find that the older I get, I screw them up, or forget the punch line. I heard of someone who had their jokes on a Rolodex. I thought, hmmm - there's an idea. But I am never organized enough to write them down. I love a good joke. I try to be politically correct. It isn't like the years when I was growing up and you could tell an off-color joke. Today you must be careful not to offend anyone. I do the "dumb blonde" jokes and so far, people have been pretty good about it.

Trying to get ready for the party is a lot of work, and these stupid headaches are not helping one bit. Some would say that is why I am having them (the stress of the upcoming party). If they stop tonight, then I will be able to do all that I need to before Saturday. Just let them stop! I noticed that I had three of the triggers this morning. Lack of sleep during the night (my daughter was upset and we were talking in the wee hours of the morning); extra caffeine in the coffee in an attempt to wake up this morning and an over-ripe banana. All migraine triggers. So, there you go.

No comments: