Monday, February 23, 2026

Washed my roots today


 The roots of My China Doll plant.  Subreddit for houseplants user told me I needed to remove the plant from the current pot (throw the dirt away), wash the roots, treat the plant and replant with new clean potting soil.  (I also used a new pot).  Still fighting mealy bugs.  I went to check one of my baby plants and I think I saw a gnat fly up out of the baby pot.  No, no, no!  I don't want gnats.  That is another pest.

Call the Midwife is ending this season.  It ran 15 years and I watched it from the beginning.  Another one ending (I think) is Outlander.  It is finishing with Season 8 (also watched it from the beginning and read all the books).  I'll have to see if the latest book is available at my library to read. Nope.  "A Blessing for a Warrior Going Out" isn't released  yet.  

I am seriously bored with "Dark Winds",

My hairdresser suggested I watch Poldark. I signed out the first book of the series and read a few pages. I watched the first episode of the first season.  I don't know.  I'm not even sure I want to watch the next episode.

I watched Vanished.  I liked  Kaley Cuoco in "The Flight Attendant".  I had read the book before the series came out.

I enjoy watching "History's Greatest Mysteries). I was going to say it is on Season 4, but no - Season 7.  Wow, time is really passing me by.  I'm trying to watch "Shrinking" and "Ghosts USA".  The British Ghosts ended a few years back, the US one is still going but might end this year.  Not sure.

If you are a "Call the Midwife" watcher, the character Barbara that died and upset a lot of viewers was in the British version of Ghosts after she left Call the Midwife.  Ghosts is a silly sitcom that just keeps things light and not a lot of thinking and bad news.  Need something to take us out of the hard life.

I'm trying to arrange a family dinner but am getting no responses. I posted on our Family Group in Facebook for dates people could NOT make it (that way we aren't going back and forth asking "How about this date?" etc...) and my brother answered he couldn't make it February 30th.  He got me for a minute or so but I caught it in time and didn't post a reply.  Joker of the family.










4 comments:

messymimi said...

Good luck with the plants. I have no suggestions, as houseplants commit suicide when they know they will have to live with me.

I hope you can get some responses and get the family together.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I really love Shrinking...give it time. You will end up loving Harrison Fords curmudgeon humor. Season 2 is so heartfelt and a bit sad regarding his life with Parkinsons.

Peruby said...

Do you think they are writing him out of the show?

Peruby said...

My green thumb is quickly turning black.