Monday, May 19, 2025

What to write about


 The news is too depressing.  My books are pretty much the same  I am trying one that is fiction and suspense but I'm not impressed.  I'll finish it.  It is "The Hospital" by Leslie Wolfe.  It looks like she has written a few books.  Not liking this one enough to look into reading her other ones.  I am 50% of the way through and unless something really catches me, I will go back to my non fiction.  I am also looking at a biography of Mark Twain by Ron Chernow.

I could write about insomnia or about what food dishes I am taking to my family get together on Memorial day.  Last year my sister said 56 people came.  It is going to be chilly this year and it's going to be real crowded in the house if we can't sit out on the deck or under awnings in her yard like we usually do.  A lot of the time we would run the A/C for people who needed to cool down.  Not this year.

I could write about my flowers I am planting, but since I've not taken any pictures, I'll save that for another time.

I've stalled on my kitchen work.  I painted all the cabinets and drawers and started removing the wall paper from behind the sink area.  It is proving to be rather stubborn. I bought myself a hand held sander and I found that wetting (soaking) it was easier. I pull the paper off and there is a thick paste (looks like a light brown paper bag material) that comes off under that.  Underneath that is a teal blue paint. The sander produced an orange color under that and even under the orange is a white color.  What the what?  I know that turquoise blue was popular in the 50's but I am hoping the orange was a primer of sorts. It is slow going.  I really enjoyed painting.  This job - not so much.  

The above photo.  A Turkish lamp in purple. I like the blue and green one but I have a good friend who loves the color of purple.  She is having a retirement party in June.  I am trying to think of something nice to give her. I love lamps. But not everybody likes them.  I'll keep looking.  I may go for an outside lawn or garden ornament. She likes her flowers, also - just like me.

2 comments:

messymimi said...

The lamp is beautiful, I love purple.

Good luck with the paint removal, it sounds tedious.

Anonymous said...

Ohh fun to hear about your kitchen project! You will have to post pictures after you have finished! Excited to see how it turns out. My latest home project has been tile cleaning but that is not nearly as impressive as doing your own cabinets!