Thursday, May 08, 2025

My silly cat


 I adopted Moses in 2018.  A co-worker rescued him from a road where cars were passing over him.  His mouth was a bit skinned up but otherwise okay.  He is tailless.  Now that was a weird word to type.

The above photo is from about four days ago.  I heard this noise and I looked over at him.  He probably thought I was going to yell at him to get out of that box or something.  He gets yelled at a lot.  I didn't yell, grabbed my phone to take a shot.  I was being given the evil eye.

He likes it when I eat yogurt and give him some.  His favorite.  

Ordered the vanity for the downstairs bathroom.  It should arrive next month or so.  Ordered another shower door. Hopefully, it is the correct weight this time.  Kids are using a shower curtain for now.  The top is being custom made and will have laminate put on it. The laminate is in - we can pick it up tomorrow.  They picked it all out.  Been a bit of a hassle but what isn't?

Next is either garage doors or house/garage roof replacement.  Then my upstairs bathroom.  I have a window that I don't want to lose so, no shower. I am thinking of having a walk-in tub put in, though. And I think I'm going with purples/mauves for the color.  When I moved in (23 years ago!) the fixtures were pink.  Only the tub is pink, now.  

Then living room windows.  The old ones are painted shut.  I like to open windows and let fresh air in. The lady before me never opened windows, I guess.

Over the past year since retiring, I have picked up having houseplants again.  I had one that developed white, powdery mold on it. I quickly separated it. I cleaned it - but I lost it.  So far I've found it on one other plant, I keep it separated from the rest.  I make sure to open the curtains every day so they get plenty of light and do not overwater them.

I found this image on Facebook a while back. I thought it was cute.




1 comment:

messymimi said...

Moses is most handsome.

It sounds like the projects around the house will keep you busy for quite some time.